Post by Celestine on May 8, 2021 12:27:00 GMT
Ospreypaw | 9 Moons | Thunderclan | Earth | Male
Previous Clan(s): N/A
Brief Description: A black rosetted tabby tom with pale yellow eyes
In-depth Description: While Ospreypaw is not what one would call huge and intimidating, he is no small feline. A cat of average height and sturdy yet agile build, he has the muscle to back up his words, though he holds a preference toward element and wit over brute strength. His pelt is a soft golden brown, pale in some places, and russet in others, making way to a white muzzle and chin. This field of golden brown is decorated with typical tabby markings on his face and extremities, while sporting black rosettes across his sides. His eyes are a pale yellow with the slightest green hint in most lights, and a slightly darker hue when shrouded in shadow.
+ Perceptive, resourceful, dedicated, diligent
- Indelicate, blunt, resentful
: Reticent, impartial, stubborn, single-minded
- Strategizing - Once he got past his impulsiveness, Ospreypaw found a love for strategy, and the idea of making a plan that will ultimately better his clan
- Training - Pairing to his drive to stay active and his dedicated nature, Ospreypaw enjoys learning new skills and improving what he knows
- A Clear Goal - Ospreypaw likes to have something to strive for, and especially enjoys the feeling of a job well done, so he will set himself up with new goals to keep him moving forward
- Hunting - Challenging prey is especially a favorite of Ospreypaw's, he enjoys not just the thrill, but the opportunity to plan his hunt with careful precision for something that will benefit his clan
- Efficiency - While Ospreypaw likes to keep working, he would still rather not dally just to keep going longer; he likes to get things done in the best way possible and reap the benefits in a timely manner
- Honesty - Candid as he is, Ospreypaw appreciates cats who can say it like it is, rather than beat around the bush; he will rarely tolerate a liar
- Impulsiveness - Blaming his own former impulsiveness for Owlpaw's death, Ospreypaw sees this lack of control as a disaster waiting to happen.
- Bubbly & Cheery Cats - Ospreypaw is resentful of those who seem to lack worries and regrets, a jealousy that he treats as mere annoyance
- Indecision - Having always been quick to make up his mind, Ospreypaw finds dwelling and hesitating over a decision that isn't of huge consequence to be pointless
- Arguing - Ospreypaw finds arguing to be immature and petty; someone is either right, or they aren't, and he sees no use in fighting over differing opinions
- Small-talk - Ospreypaw prefers to keep his paws busy rather than sitting around and chatting idly; he understands the importance of sharing tongues, but he would rather not partake.
- Shadowclan - They killed his brother; Ospreypaw doesn't trust them worth a mouselength
Personality description:Once an outgoing, competitive spitfire of a tom, Ospreypaw has hardened since the death of his adoptive kin. What was once impulsiveness has become something more calculating and thought out, even resourceful in the way that he makes careful use of his surroundings. His formerly outgoing nature closed off, the young tom has become reticient and impartial, a distance from his clanmates leaving him difficult to reach. That is not to say he does not care, of course - he is still dedicated, even sporting something of a protective instinct toward those close to him, and his loyalties will always fall to his clan. However, his resent has formed something of a grudge on the world for Ospreypaw, a hurdle he has yet to get over. As such, while he does care, Ospreypaw does not show this well. While he does not outwardly seek to offend, he has become blunt and indelicate, a candidness that often puts feelings after speaking his mind.
Despite his bedside manner not being particularly desirable, it is hard to deny Ospreypaw is a hard-working member of his clan. Should he manage to put his hurt aside and grow into a more compassionate cat, he could grow to be an admirable warrior. His perceptive nature does not lie only in picking out faults and truths - he notices many little details and often channels his power in a way that lets him observe the world in a new light. His cunning is an equal match to his resourcefulness, but his dedication is his most defining trait. Single-minded and diligent, it is rare that Ospreypaw will ever set out to do a task and not get it done. No matter the hurdle, this tom seems to have a stubborn streak that can defy odds, seeing him thinking his way out of many situations. Once he had gotten past his initial impulsiveness, his intelligence truly did manage to shine through - at a cost. However, there is still much room to grow beneath the guiding paws of his clanmates, and someday he may find the balance that will help him succeed.
- Mastery Skill: N/A
History: Born to an unknown father and a mother too sick to live past kitting, Ospreykit and Kestrelkit were adopted by Frost- before they even formed their first memories. The snowy queen had only one kit, a tom named Owlkit, and so she had plenty of milk to spare for the duo. Owlkit became a sibling to them, the kits hardly caring they were unrelated once they learned this, and their adoptive parents were as true and caring as their real mother might have been. The kits were raised in sanctuary within their clan, happy and full of energy, ever eager for the day they would become Thunderclan warriors.
When it came time for them to become apprentices, it was a shock to see Owlpaw be chosen as Briarsong's apprentice, destined to one day become deputy. At first, an ambitious and impulsive young Ospreypaw was jealous; he could not understand how Owlpaw was a better choice than him or even Kestrelpaw. However, his sister managed to talk him down, and in time Ospreypaw accepted he would just be the best warrior he could be. However, a slight resentment still burned in him, and the frustrated young tom took some time to truly get over this and regain his closeness with Owlpaw. For Cricket-, Ospreypaw truly was a pawful, compared to his demure sister and patient brother. His impulsiveness gave him flare and made it difficult to nurture the intelligent mind he was holding at bay. That impulsiveness would not last long past his eighth moon, however.
The burning of Thunderclan's territory was a cruel and spiteful move by two Shadowclan warriors; one that was begrudgingly repaid by the offer of prey between the two rivals as Thunderclan recovered. However, while they built their bridge, the damage was already done. Ospreypaw's impulse to try and be a hero, be someone his clan would remember for his bravery, lead to him running right into danger. He should have fled with his clan, but he decided instead to make one last check of the empty camp. He had hoped for some opportunity to prove his worth by saving a clanmate in need - it was a foolish decision. Owlpaw rushed in to save him, but by the time the brother's managed to flee, it was too late. Ospreypaw remembers the moment vividly when he realized his brother was no longer beside him and looked back to see him fall to the flames.
The decision to make Ospreypaw the new Deputy Apprentice in his brother's place seemed a strange one, but as the young tom set aside his impulsiveness through his grief and regret, Briarsong and Lynxstar must have seen that hidden spark of potential. His brother had inadvertently given him the chance to let his true intelligence flourish, and the young tom proved to have a mind for strategy that no one thought he had possessed. His loss had made him bitter, even vengeful, but with the right guidance, he may well flourish into a worthy deputy one day.
Before Roleplay Relationships
Adoptive Mother: Frost- / Thunderclan / Dead / Water
Adoptive Father: Brush- / Thunderclan / Alive / Earth
Blood Sibling: Kestrelpaw / Thunderclan / Alive / Air
Adoptive Sibling: Owlpaw / Thunderclan / Dead / Earth
Mentor: Briarsong / Thunderclan / Alive / Earth
Cricket- / Thunderclan / Alive / Earth / Former Mentor